Hydrocarbons, Oil & Gas Sector
We are a company that integrates experience in the areas of environmental engineering, systems engineering and civil engineering to offer a wide portfolio of specialized consulting services, technologies integration and environmental variables monitoring.
K2 Ingenieria is recognized at the level of South America for the execution of projects in the areas of environmental consulting in air quality, noise, hydrometeorology and water quality.
We offer our clients the necessary tools to perform measures of their environmental impact for the compliance of normative requirements, counting with a specialized team that gives specialized technical accompaniment, being key allies in the implementation of strategies for environmental impact control.
During more than 18 years of experience we have developed projects of great importance in the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development – MADS, Financial Fund for Sustainable Projects – FONADE, Ecopetrol, Occidental de Colombia, among other 600 companies.
Environmental Quality Surveillance Systems - SVA
SVAs are systems for real time environmental variables measuring (air, noise, hydrometeorology and water quality), through the use of software, automated monitoring equipment, telecommunications and consulting that provide the client with a real and updated diagnostic of the environmental impacts that their activity causes so decisions can be made in a timely manner and in compliance of their legal requirements.
¿What are the advantages of implementing an SVA?
- Management and control of the companies’ environmental obligations.
- Availability of information to determine the operation’s environmental impact.
- Integrated and continuous tracing of the environmental variables of interest.
- Availability of early alerts for timely mitigation.
- Analysis of historical records.
Air Quality Consulting
Services focused on diagnosing the environmental problematic regarding air quality in hydrocarbon projects, including:
- Contaminants dispersion models
- Emissions inventory
- Design and optimization of risk plans
- Analysis of control systems for particle materials in oil activities.
- Historical data analysis
Noise and Vibrations Consulting
Projects to determine:
- The impact in noise pollution generated by the productive activity.
- Affectations caused by vibrations in internal and external structures caused by different sources within the oil operation.
- Noise pollution decontamination plans in populations of interest.
- Acoustic representation maps.
Water Quality and Hydrometeorology Consulting
Consulting focused in determining the hydrologic, meteorological and water quality conditions of water sources located within the project and its influence area.
- Characterization of spills.
- Flow balances based on permissions granted by the environmental authority.
- Topo-bathymetries determination.
- Water quality analysis for uses inside the oil operation.
Air Quality Monitoring
- Sampling for air quality of the parameters: PST, PM10, PM2.5, NO2, SO2, O3 and CO, H2S, NH3, hydrocarbons.
- Baseline modeling and future scenarios.
Environmental Noise Monitoring
- Noise Diagnosis and Mapping and Noise Networks.
- Environmental measurement and noise emission (day and night time, weekdays and weekends).
- Noise modeling (Industrial activity, commercial, ground transportation, air transportation and rail transportation).
Stationary Sources Measurement
- Determination of particle material as PM20 and PM2.5 in EPA sources using the E.P.A. 201A method.
- Partial inventory of stationary sources.
- Historical data analysis on stationary sources.
- Emissions inventory
- Monitoring frequency calculation.
Water Quality Monitoring
Water quality sampling and analysis:
- Plankton, phytoplankton, zooplankton, bento, macrophyte, algae periphyton sampling.
- Air quality pollutants dispersion modeling
- Noise and environmental noise dispersion modelling
- Smell modeling