We are a company that integrates experience in the areas of environmental engineering, systems engineering and civil engineering to offer a wide services portfolio in specialized consulting, technologies integration and environmental monitoring variables.
K2 Ingeniería is recognized at the level of South America for the execution of projects in the areas of air quality, noise, hydrometeorology and water quality environmental consulting.
We offer our customers the necessary tools to carry out the measurement of its environmental impact for the fulfillment of normative requirements, counting with a specialized team that provides technical support, being key allies in environmental impacts control strategies implementation.
During more than 18 years of experience we have developed projects of great importance in the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development – MADS, the main mining companies at national and regional level, among other 600 companies.
Our experience and mastery in every subject allows our customers to perform projects adaptable to their requirements:
- Design, installation and commissioning of Environmental quality surveillance systems – SVA.
- Air quality specialized consulting.
- Environmental noise and vibrations consulting.
- Water quality and hydrometeorology consulting.
Environmental Quality Surveillance Systems - SVA
SVAs are systems for real time environmental variables measuring (air, noise, hydrometeorology and water quality), through the use of software, automated monitoring equipment, telecommunications and consulting that provide the client with a real and updated diagnostic of the environmental impacts that their activity causes so decisions can be made in a timely manner and in compliance of their legal requirements.
¿What are the advantages of implementing an SVA
- Management and control of the companies’ environmental obligations.
- Availability of information to determine the operation’s environmental impact.
- Integrated and continuous tracing of the environmental variables of interest.
- Availability of early alerts for timely mitigation.
- Analysis of historical records.
Air Quality Consulting
Services focused on diagnosing the environmental problematic regarding air quality in mining projects, including:
- Contaminants dispersion models.
- Emissions inventory.
- Design and optimization of risk plans.
- Analysis of control systems for particle materials in mining activities.
- Historical data analysis.
Noise and Vibrations Consulting
Projects to determine:
- The impact in noise pollution generated by the productive activity.
- Affectations caused by vibrations in internal and external structures caused by different sources within the mining operation.
- Noise pollution decontamination plans in populations of interest.
- Long term education policies.
- Acoustic representation maps.
Water Quality and Hydrometeorology Consulting
Consulting focused in determining the hydrologic, meteorological and water quality conditions of water sources located within the project and its influence area.
- Characterization of spills.
- Flow balances based on permissions granted by the environmental authority.
- Topo-bathymetries determination.
- Water quality analysis for uses inside the mining operation.
- Rainfall zones determination or rain areas based on pluviometer networks (depending on the information of each pluviometer the area of influence for the recorded rain is calculated).